The current projects that our Robostorm members may sign up for are:
- 2012 First Lego League challenge "Senior Solutions" (Mr. Rowe) Watch the YouTube video that explains the challenge and then decide on what portion (or mission) you will take on with your robot.
- We also have 2011 FLL challenge "Food Factor" if you would like to work with it. Watch the YouTube video that explains the challenge and then decide on what portion (or mission) you will take on with your robot.
- Mindstorms NXT projects - if you have completed the projects from the kit's CD, try these: Projects for NXT 2.0
- and how about these? Run a project with some others from the club. Robot Square Tutorials
- AquaBot 2015 (Mr. Hollabaugh). Project Info here: AquaBot Google Drive
- Build a 3-D Printer (Tim, Logan, Andrew, Ben, Mike). Info here: 3-D Printer Project Google Drive
- Battle Bots(Danny, Logan). Info here: Battlebots 2014 WINTER Google Drive
- Holiday Crafts Workshop - Make things to sell at the annual 4-H Holiday Crafts Sale. This is a club fundraiser. (Ms. Tovi-Jones)
- Take Apart - save any old items that would be cool to take apart (Mr. Rowe/Ms. Walker).
- Radio Station Tour at WDVR (Mr. Hollabaugh).
Here are some ideas for more projects:
- For the 2015 Fair what would make good interactive exhibits? I/R controlled devices. Relay race or chained reaction devices.
- What designs make a good Battle Bot? Battle Bots 3.0 coming in 2015!
- Teach a group of club members how to do something.
- Look on http://www.hometrainingtools.com and see robotics kits Relay Rover Robot, PC Programmable Tracing Robot, Edge Robotic Arm, Scooter Robot, Copy Cat Robot, etc.
- Look on http://www.khanacademy.org under Science -> Discoveries & Projects, and find project categories like Robots, Reverse Engineering, and Projectile Launcher. See also Science -> Python Programming as well as Computer Programming.
- Look on http://www.robotshop.com and see kits Turning Frog Robot, SAM R1 Sumo Robot, Clockit Soldering Kit, Doodle Dot Drawing Robot, Escape Robot, Hackvision Arduino-based Video Game, etc.
- Look on http://www.sparkfun.com/categories/157 for more interesting kits.
- Look on http://www.learn.adafruit.com for many categories of projects. Would one of these project topics interest you?